Monday, May 14, 2012

Classic Style

God works in mysterious ways.  He never seems to let me forget that.

I had the opportunity to work on this piece through a local company that took a chance on me.  They bought a table from me and sold it in their shop within days.  They asked me to do some painting for them and several pieces have since sold.  When a client walked in to their shop and saw this piece:


she asked for my number.  We talked and through the conversation, she expressed that she wanted to repaint a dresser that had belonged to her grandmother.  She now wanted "grandmothers dresser" to become her soon to be, baby boy's dresser, and she wanted it to be very streamlined and classic.  Oh Lord!  For those of you who know me, that is not my forte.  I can, but I would rather take out my aggressions on the furniture, than be perfect.  How hard could this be, right?! Right!  

As you may remember in my last post, I had found the 'perfect' tool to help me with the job of attaching these new pulls.  It was going to be perfect.  Right?! wrong

I came home, and to my dismay....I still had to use.....math?????  Please God. NO!  I tried and tried to make it right and wanted to do this (prove) to hubby that I could use more than a Luke SkyWalker.  Try as I may, I knew it was too much for me and I knew I needed to admit defeat and let the engineer do what he  does best.  


10 pulls, perfectly in line, and "we" achieved this:




Everyday I ask myself, "What did I learn today?"  The answer for today???  God has given me a gift, but I can't do everything, and some things I should rely on my husband for.  God wanted me to learn this lesson....in classic style.  

Thank you to my sweet client for allowing me to paint your 'new' dresser...and for the opportunity to grow!  

Until next time....
xoxo,
Julie 

Linking up:  Follow me around!!

    {Primp}  shabby creek cottage  Furniture Feature Fridays







2 comments:

  1. It turned out so great - love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, it turned out so lovely. It almost makes me want to paint my childhood cherry furniture. I know what you mean about the engineer husband! They are such fun to watch! LOL! Please join Linky Follower so that those of us on Word Press can follow you....Google Friend Connect went away for us. Thanks, Helen (a native Texan)

    ReplyDelete